Thursday, December 15, 2016

Week One- Day One

My first day down! I think it went well overall. As it is Wednesday, that's the day I started on the HIIT workout plan. I did have to adjust some of the exercises: 

Wall Sit- 20 seconds
Plank- 15 seconds
Squat Jumps- 15
Lunge Kicks- 20 ea side
Push ups- all 15- but modified
High Knees- I did 25 per leg not 25 seconds

I only did one run thru of all the exercises because I started to feel light headed. When working out I live by one rule, listen to my body. If I start feeling dizzy, weak or light-headed I stop or take a break. 

After not working out for a few months ( I had trouble moving around staring in my 8th month), I will be taking it slow to start and working up to doing the whole workout by week 4. 

The healthy addition to my diet today was a shake. In my Nutra Ninja (best house warming gift EVER!) I mixed up a shake of spinach, green apple, pear, water, honey, cinnamon, and whey protein. It was delicious and gave me a healthy boost. 


In addition to having a shake a day, I'm going to be making sure I have the proper water intake. I have a 33 oz water bottle that I'll be using to make sure I get my daily intake. According to the Mayo Clinic it varies by individual, they do suggest for women about 9 - 8oz (72oz) glasses per day. So I'm going to shoot for drinking 2 - 3 bottles per day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment