Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Post Pregnancy weight loss

After trying for six years, my husband and I were blessed with our first child. He is the joy of my life, however, the weight I gained during my pregnancy is not a joy. Prior to pregnancy, I had gained a little weight and was up to my all time weight high of 153-155 pounds. At my doctors appointment two days before he was born I weighed in at 196 pounds. I know that 40 pounds is normal, however, now that he's here I want to get rid of all of it and more.

This is the story of my weight loss post pregnancy and I'm hoping that keeping a journal of it here will help me keep up with my weight loss and exercise goals. My goal is to reach 145 pounds and lead a healthier life.

Prior to starting this plan, I had my post pregnancy 6-week appointment with my OBGYN and got the all clear for my health. This is really important because that appointment is in place to make sure that you have completely healed from pregnancy and to ensure you have no lingering health issues after pregnancy.

At my 6-week appointment I weighed 163 pounds, so, my goal is 18 pounds and tone my muscles. Below is my starting picture, when I've finished my 4-week plan I'll up the before and after.


IMG_20161214_115827.jpg

I'll be following the workout plan that I found from HIIT you can find it here. It is a 4-week plan and with a healthy food plan, I'm hoping that in those four weeks I will be able to lose 4-8 pounds. I need to keep my weight loss goals realistic and healthy because I'm breastfeeding. If I were to do a crash diet with a severe workout plan I could hurt my son by not providing him with the nutrients he needs.

I'll be posting daily about my workout and my meals for the day. At the end of the 4-weeks I'll post a review about my opinion on the this workout plan from HIIT.

If you have a workout plan that worked for you, please leave it in the comments section and I'll be excited to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment