Monday, January 16, 2017

Delicious Pasta

I used to meal plan constantly and stock up on items that I knew me and my husband would eat. Unfortunately, when I got pregnant, I stopped doing that because I was so tired. However, now that the little man is here I'm back to meal planning and pinching every penny I can. 'Cause damn kids are expensive.

So this post I'm going to talk about one meal that I make that is will be three meals for the hubby and I. It's a zucchini, mushroom and pasta dish. I love it! I found the recipe from Damn Delicious

The original recipe calls for:

1 pound pasta
2 zucchini chunked
1 bag frozen peas
16 oz cremini mushrooms
2 cloves garlic sliced
4 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Now the recipe that DD gives says to put the water, garlic, mushrooms, peas, zucchini and pasta in the pot. Once the water is reduced then add the heavy cream and parm cheese. Having it this way is declicious. It'll come out looking like this:

I make it this way the first night, and then the second night to change it up I put in some sweet Italian sausage in it. I usually use the sausage patties and break them apart but you can use anything type that you want.


Once the sausage is cooked heat the leftover pasta in a large sauce pan. Add the sausage, some more cream and parm cheese to it. Turn the burner to a medium low heat- you want it to heat up all the way through without burning the bottom. Make sure to stir often. Once it's heated all the way through enjoy. This meal feeds the two of us for 3-4 nights, depending on how much is eaten for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment